Are you an energetic and motivated person who likes to work outside and are a people person with strong leadership abilities, along with a commitment to professionalism and integrity? Consider applying for a Landscape Foreman job with Paul’s Landscaping of NY, LLC. We offer competitive pay and an exciting work environment where you get to see the results of your work on a daily basis.
About Our Company
Paul’s Landscaping of NY, LLC is a fast-growing landscaping and tree service company in the Webster, NY area specializing in providing high-quality landscaping and tree care services. We are a design, installation and maintenance company. We don’t provide lawn mowing or pest control services. We enhance the appearance and functionality of properties by landscaping them. We are known for our good reputation with a five star reputation on Google and Yelp.com, and obtain many of our customers by word-of-mouth from other satisfied customers.
To be successful at Paul’s Landscaping of NY, LLC you need the following traits:
- A good work ethic – we value working hard at all times.
- Have integrity – follow the law, always tell the truth, and always do the right thing.
- Come to work with a positive attitude, ready to conquer the day’s tasks.
- Be able to follow directions from the owner, and motivate those who may work beneath you to follow your directions. Listen to what was said, and learn and implement information quickly.
- Be a self-starter – take initiative, even when working in a minimally supervised environment, constantly looking for areas to maximize your efficiency and the efficiency of those who may work under you.
- Pay attention to detail – aim for perfection.
- Ability to work in a professional, non-smoking, non-swearing environment.
- Ability to pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
- Clean driving record. Experience driving (and backing up) a trailer is a plus.
- Ability to lift and move 50 plus pounds occasionally.
- This job is a hands on-position, involving hard physical work, typically while managing 1-3 other people at a time while doing the following tasks:
- Removing and planting shrubs and trees, seeds, bulbs, flowering plants, grass, sod, ground covers, trees, or shrubs.
- Loading wheelbarrows and spreading mulch, topsoil, and stone.
- Weeding and edging landscape beds.
- Prune or trim trees from ground level, trim shrubs and hedges, using shears, pruners, hedge clippers, or power saws, and cleaning up debris/shrub clippings.
- Hauling branches and loading trailer.
- Assist with rigging/lowering of branches from ground level for tree removal (we will train how to rig branches).
- Over-seeding lawns.
- Rake, blow, and haul tarps with leaves.
- Various other landscaping tasks as needed.
- 2 or more years of landscaping experience is required.
- Must be at least 18 years old with a valid driver’s license with your own reliable transportation. A CDL is not required.
- Must be able to speak English and be authorized to work in the United States.
Hours vary depending on weather, but are around 30-40 hours per week with the possibility of occasional overtime. You will get most Saturdays and all Sundays off. In the winter, we do tree-removal work, and this averages around 20 hours per week (due to inclement weather in winter).
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $23.00 – $25.00 per hour