Are you an energetic and motivated person who wants a career working outside? If you are a serious candidate, consider applying for a Landscaping Technician job with Paul’s Landscaping of NY, LLC. We offer competitive pay and a positive and exciting work environment where you get to see the results of your work on a daily basis. We’re looking for the right people to build and grow our company—we’re looking for someone who wants to make landscaping and tree work a career, not just a summer job. This is a year-round position with 30-40 hours per week in the summer, and around 20 hours per week for the winter (late November through mid March).
About Our Company
Paul’s Landscaping of NY, LLC is a fast-growing landscaping and tree service company in the Webster, NY area specializing in providing high quality landscaping and tree care services. We enhance the appearance and functionality of properties by landscaping them. We are known for our good reputation—we have a five star reputation on Google and Yelp.com, and obtain many of our customers by word-of-mouth from other satisfied customers.
To be successful at Paul’s Landscaping of NY, LLC you need the following traits:
- A good work ethic – we value working hard at all times.
- Tenacity–being willing to stick with a project and keep working ahead, even if the project gets difficult or boring.
- Have integrity – follow the law, always tell the truth, and always do the right thing.
- A positive attitude, ready to come to work to conquer the day’s tasks.
- Be able to follow directions, and listen to what was said, and learn and implement information quickly.
- Be a self-starter – take initiative, constantly looking for areas to maximize your efficiency and other members of the team.
- Pay attention to detail – aim for perfection.
- Ability to work in a professional, non-smoking, non-swearing environment.
- Ability to pass a drug screen and other pre-employment test.
- Ability to work in a safety-sensitive environment and take proper safety precautions, such as wearing provided PPE, as needed, and look out for the safety of yourself and others when using equipment, such as chain saws.
- Be able to work outside in a variety of weather conditions–from 20 degrees during a winter tree removal, to 90 degrees during a summer mulch installation project.
- Have a driver’s license.
- Ability to lift and move 50 plus pounds occasionally.
- Removing and planting shrubs and trees
- Removing and planting grass, sod, etc.
- Loading wheelbarrows and spreading mulch, topsoil, and stone.
- Weeding and edging landscape beds.
- Pruning or trimming trees from ground level, trim shrubs and hedges, using hedge clippers, and cleaning up debris/shrub clippings.
- Hauling branches and loading a trailer.
- Assist with rigging/lowering of branches from ground level for tree removal (we will train how to rig branches).
- Raking, blowing, and hauling tarps with leaves.
- Various other landscaping tasks as needed.
- Minimum 1 year of prior landscaping, lawn, or tree care experience in a professional (on-the-job) capacity required for the Landscape Technician position. If you don’t have that experience, that is fine. You can apply to the Landscape Laborer job.
- Must have experience using hedge trimmers, leaf blowers, chainsaws, shovels, and other equipment.
- Must be at least 18 years old with a valid driver’s license with your own reliable transportation–this job involves working at different customer’s locations around the Webster, Penfield, Irondequoit and surrounding areas, and you must be able to drive yourself there.
- Must be able to speak English
Hours vary depending on weather, but are around 30-40 hours per week with the possibility of occasional overtime. Unless there is a week with bad weather, causing scheduling delays, we generally don’t work on Saturdays. You will get all Sundays off.