Are you an energetic and motivated person who wants a career working outside? If you are a serious candidate, consider applying for a Tree Service Groundsman job with Paul’s Landscaping of NY, LLC. We offer competitive pay, amazing health, dental, and vision insurance benefits for employees (with very low deductibles), and a positive and exciting work environment where you get to see the results of your work on a daily basis.
About Our Company
Paul’s Landscaping of NY, LLC is a fast-growing landscaping and tree service company in the Webster, NY area specializing in providing tree care and landscaping services. We are known for our good reputation—we have a five star reputation on Google and Yelp.com, and obtain many of our customers by word-of-mouth from other satisfied customers.
To be successful at Paul’s Landscaping of NY, LLC you need the following traits:
• A good work ethic – we value working hard at all times.
• Tenacity–being willing to stick with a project and keep working ahead.
• Have integrity – follow the law, always tell the truth, and always do the right thing.
• A positive attitude, ready to come to work to conquer the day’s tasks.
• Be able to follow directions, and listen to what was said, and learn and implement information quickly.
• Be a self-starter – take initiative, constantly looking for areas to maximize your efficiency and other members of the team.
• Pay attention to detail – aim for perfection.
• Ability to work in a professional, non-smoking, non-swearing environment. This policy separates us from many of our competitors.
• Ability to pass a drug screen and criminal background check. We have value the safety of our employees, clients, and the general public, and have a zero-tolerance policy for drug use.
• Ability to work in a safety-sensitive environment and take proper safety precautions, such as wearing provided PPE, (i.e. hardhats, chainsaw chaps) as needed, and look out for the safety of yourself and others when using equipment, such as chain saws.
• Be able to work outside in a variety of weather conditions–from 20 degrees during a winter tree removal, to 90 degrees in the summer.
• Have a valid driver’s license and your own transportation to get to the job–this job involves working at various customer’s locations, primarily in the towns of Webster, Penfield, and Irondequoit, and you must be able to get yourself there.
• Ability to lift and move 50 plus pounds occasionally.
• Removing trees.
• Pruning or trimming trees from ground level,
• Hauling branches and loading a trailer.
• Operating a small-articulating wheel loader to move and load logs and branches.
• Assist with rigging/lowering of branches from ground level for tree removal.
• Raking, blowing, and hauling tarps with sticks/debris.
• Various other landscaping tasks as needed.
• Prior tree service experience is strongly preferred.
• Tree climbing experience is not required, but is a plus.
• Due to federal labor laws and the nature of our work, you must be at least 18 years old.
• Must be able to speak English and be authorized to legally work in the U.S.
Hours vary depending on weather. In the summer, the usual schedule is Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., with an hour break for lunch. In the winter, schedule may vary somewhat depending upon weather, but usually is around 3 days per week. Unless there is a week with bad weather, causing scheduling delays, we generally don’t work on Saturdays. You will get all Sundays off.
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time Pay: $20.00 – $23.00 per hour Expected hours: 20 – 35 per week.
Benefits: • Dental insurance • Health insurance • Vision insurance • Schedule: • 7 hour shift • Monday to Friday